Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week of July 21st

Been an interesting past few days for me. I have been in Tucson, Arizona filming monsoon storms. We are starting a new tour in 2008 called Desert Thunder and my goodness, our exploration this year has fit the name to a T! Daily storms developing off the mountains east of Tucson and migrating to the low deserts by early evening producing flash floods, INTENSE photogenic lightning, pretty backdrop for the cactus, and one haboob (dirt storm) that caused a MASSIVE pile up on I-10 that I came with 100 yards of being a part of. A semi barreled through as cars slammed on their brakes as the haboob dropped visibility to zero. The semi smashed into the rear ends of several vehicles causing a huge fire storm that was quite extreme! The video has been on every major network in the US and even landed me a couple live interviews by news agencies! Pretty wild!

Roger Hill

No comments: