Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 29th

I headed to central Nebraska August 28th to chase a somewhat marginal set up. I arrived near York mid afternoon and waited for storms to form. I recently purchased a Canon 10-22 MM lens to try out for wide angle photography. I wasn't dissapointed! Stunning quality and clarity from this lens!

Storms formed late afternoon and quickly became linear and outflow dominant. I encountered high winds, hail to quarter size and respectable lightning.

It looks like we will be going through a period of calm weather before a potential large system effects us by Sept 6-9 period.

We could also see a few storms today, but due to lack of wind shear and instability, no severe weather should occur. But, this IS Colorado and anything is possible!

Roger

No comments: